Adapted from traditional Chinese medicine, this technique uses fine needles that are inserted through the skin at specific points. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved sterile, nontoxic needles for single use by licensed practitioners.
On Friday afternoons and Mondays the Wellness-Survivorship Center offers this therapy to help control pain, nausea, and other symptoms.
Huntsman Cancer Institute introduces Annie Budhathoki, L.Ac. an acupuncturist joining the Linda B. and Robert B. Wiggins Wellness-Survivorship Center.
- State licensed and nationally certified as a Diplomat of Acupuncture
- Started a private practice, Acupuncture SLC
- Graduated from Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in San Diego, California
- Has a master's degree in Oriental medicine specializing in orthopedics, pain management, neurology, and geriatrics
- Completed clinical internships at Rady's Children's Hospital, San Diego Hospice, and the University of California, San Diego
- Studied Tibetan Medicine in Nepal
For more information about Wellness-Survivorship Center services or to schedule an appointment, call the Wellness-Survivorship Center at 801-587-4585.