Pharmacists at Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) are an important part of the team approach to cancer treatment. Our pharmacists work with physicians to monitor each patient's medication therapy, making sure it is both safe and effective. We provide pharmacy services for hospitalized patients, patients being treated in the outpatient infusion center, patients in our clinics, and patients receiving medications in the outpatient retail pharmacy.
Pharmacists at HCI assist patients with the following:
- Screen medications for drug allergies and drug interactions
- Provide all medications needed during hospitalization
- Provide information about medications received
- Monitor and evaluate each patient's drug therapy
- Provide information about side effects
- Review all medications with patients
The full-service retail pharmacy is located on the first floor of the cancer hospital.
8 a.m. - 6 p.m. Monday - Friday
9 a.m. - 3 p.m. Saturday