Huntsman Cancer Institute's Acute Care Clinic (ACC) offers same-day services to current patients who are experiencing an acute symptom, side effect, or other condition:
- Nausea or vomiting
- Side-effects from cancer treatment such as chemotherapy
- Uncontrolled chronic issues such as blood pressure or blood sugar
ACC physicians assess problems, answer questions, and provide treatment. This convenient benefit is part of Huntsman Cancer Institute's continual effort to provide our patients innovative programs and the highest quality care. Although not a walk-in clinic, appointments can be scheduled on a same-day basis by a patient's physician or triage nurse.
The ACC provides the following:
- Urgent care for medical, surgical, radiation oncology, and clinical trial patients
- Acute care for infusion suite patients
- Care for poorly controlled chronic internal medicine issues
- Pre-operative consultations
- Timely hospital follow-up evaluations
- Evaluation of as-yet undiagnosed new patients
- Evaluation of complex patients with uncertain diagnosis
The ACC can follow up with multiple visits until the patient's problems resolve or stabilize.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 801-213-4222.
Clinic Hours and Location
The ACC is open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and is located in Clinic A on the second floor of Huntsman Cancer Hospital.
|Acute Care Clinic 801-213-4222|