Events allow the public to experience the mission of Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI) firsthand. By recruiting new donors, celebrating major gifts, and honoring a challenge to meet goals through radio-a-thons, athletic competitions, or dance marathons, Huntsman Cancer Foundation (HCF) events reiterate that everyone can do something!
- Contact the HCF office at least 90 days before the event.
- HCF must approve all uses of logo and name in advance of any printing.
- All donors should make checks payable to Huntsman Cancer Foundation.
- HCF will provide counsel, letterhead, and use of logo/name only after event consultation and approval.
- HCF cannot provide public relations support, staff support, “seed money” or financial support, or access to any mailing lists.
- HCF cannot support fundraising for an individual's medical bills.
- HCF reserves the right to refuse any event at any time.
What HCF can provide with at least 90 days notice
- Letter on official HCF letterhead, including tax-exempt information, for the sponsoring organization to use in its fundraising and sponsor recruitment efforts
- Advice for volunteers and event organizers regarding fundraising, public relations, marketing, and other important event-planning topics
- Information regarding current research at HCI (possibly specific to a certain type of cancer such as colon cancer or leukemia) for distribution at the event or for public relations efforts conducted by the sponsoring organization
- Use of the HCI logo. Before printing, HCF must review and approve all event and promotional materials with logo and/or name.
What HCF may provide (depending on schedules and the type of event)
- An HCF representative to participate in a check presentation at the event
- An HCI representative to set up a booth or table at the event to answer basic cancer questions
- A letter of thanks to event donors
I want to put on my own event. What do I do?
If you are interested in organizing your own fundraising event, you must agree to and submit the signed HCF Event Policy.
I want a portion of my business' proceeds to come to HCF. How do I arrange that?
If you own or run a business and your idea involves a charitable sales promotion, such as donating a dollar amount for goods or services, you must complete and submit the Charitable Sales Promotion/Event Contract.
For more information