For More Information
Linda Aagard, Public Relations Director
Huntsman Cancer Institute
For-Profit Organizations: $675
Non-Profit Organizations and Government Agencies: $275 (Documentation of nonprofit status is required.)
Corner Booth Rate: $750
Registration Deadline: September 1, 2013
Exhibit booth rates include the following:
- 10-foot x 10-foot booth space with 8-foot high back drape and 3-foot high side drape
- Identification sign
- One skirted table (8-feet long)
- Two chairs
- Waste basket
Exhibit booth rates do not include booth carpet (aisle carpet will be blue), internet connectivity, or electrical and audio/visual supplies. These can be ordered for an additional fee. For internet services, contact the South Towne Expo Facility Services team at 385-468-2260. To order booth carpet, displays, or additional chairs and tables, contact Susan Olsen, JP Display, 801-870-8224.
Booth reservations are fulfilled on a first-come, first-served basis. Acceptable forms of payment include: credit cards, cashier checks, money orders, and organization checks. Booths must be paid in full to receive booth space. Booths will not be held for exhibitors until payment is received.
Payment must be received by September 1, 2013.
Exhibitor Booth Location
Booth location and placement will be assigned by the expo planning committee. Higher traffic areas will be assigned to sponsors. Booth location will be provided to all exhibitors prior to the expo. We reserve the right to turn down any exhibition request.
Booth purchases are final, non-transferable and non-refundable. Booth refunds will not be issued.
Please read the Terms and Conditions below, then click the link found at the bottom of this page to agree and proceed to the registration form.
Cancer Awareness Expo • Terms and Conditions
September 28, 2013 South Towne Expo Center • 9575 South State • Sandy, Utah
By becoming an exhibitor at the Cancer Awareness Expo, Exhibitor agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- Defined Terms: "Event" collectively means, the event or events, referred to above or on the previous or facing page presented by Huntsman Cancer Institute (HCI). "Facility" means the venue where the Event is held. "Organizer" means, collectively, HCI, its agents, affiliates, representatives, employees, and those assigned, unless in HCI's opinion the context requires otherwise. "Exhibitor" means, collectively, (i) the company or person that applied to exhibit at the Facility or online and agreed to enter into this contract upon acceptance by HCI in the manner stated below and (ii) each of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, contractors, agents, representatives, guests, and invitees, as applicable.
- Contract Acceptance: This contract becomes binding and effective only when it has been agreed to by Exhibitor either through online registration or by mail. We may refuse acceptance of any contract for any or no reason. Notwithstanding anything herein to the contrary, HCI may cancel this contract at any time without liability.
- Assignment of Space: Exhibit space is assigned on a first-come, first-served basis as of the date of receipt of application AND payment. Priority for space selection will be given to all Cancer Awareness Expo Sponsors. HCI in its sole and absolute discretion reserves the right and privilege to reassign an exhibitor to another space without penalty should it be in the best interest of the exhibition.
- Food Service: No food or beverage of any kind may be brought or delivered into the building. Only pre-packaged food and/ or beverage samples that are bite-sized and/or less that 2 oz. may be distributed from your booth. All other food/beverage must be purchased through Utah Food Services, the official food vendor at South Towne Exposition Center. Contact Todd at Utah Food Services, 801-347-4703 for complete guidelines.
- Booth Placements: HCI will attempt to honor all booth placements if application and payment are made as required by Exhibitor. However, HCI reserves the right to make alternative booth placement at any time. Offers made as to location of space are not a guarantee. HCI shall be the final authority in assigning space. HCI reserves the right to determine the eligibility of any company or product for inclusion in the event. No Exhibitor shall exhibit or permit to be exhibited in the space allocated to it any merchandise other than that specified in its application. HCI further reserves the right to add, alter, or delete from the Event's floor plan at any time in its sole discretion.
- Exhibitor Guidelines: Exhibits shall not obstruct view or hinder the visual access of others. Distribution of printed matter of any kind and any promotional material is restricted to the Exhibitor's booth. All exhibits shall display products or services in a tasteful manner. The aisles, passageways, and overhead spaces remain strictly under the control of HCI and no signs (neon, illuminated, etc.), decorations, banners, advertising material, or special exhibits will be permitted in the aisles except by written permission of HCI. Representatives of Exhibitor must remain within the booth. Any and all advertising must be made from your booth. Balloons and stickers are prohibited. Exhibitors cannot distribute any material outside of their exhibit space. Strolling entertainment or moving advertisements outside the Exhibitor's space is prohibited. Exhibitors will not be entitled to a refund for any particular exhibit due to the Exhibitor's failure to comply with these regulations.
- Exhibitor Retail Sales: Sales of any and all products or services during show hours is prohibited. HCI has the right to remove any exhibit or Exhibitor from the show floor that violates this rule.
- Care of Exhibit Hall and Equipment: No signs or advertising are to be affixed to and nothing shall be hung from any of the walls, columns, doors, etc. of the exhibit hall. Exhibitor will pay HCI such sum necessary to restore premises and equipment to their prior condition.
- Sound Devices: The use of devices for mechanical reproduction of sound or music may or may not be permitted; it is in HCI's sole discretion. Sound of any kind must not be projected outside of the exhibit booth. Exhibitor is specifically prohibited from employing any carnival-type attraction, animal or human, or from operating noise-creating devices such as bells, horns, or megaphones. Rules regarding sound devices are outlined in the Exhibitor Service Manual.
- Exhibit Space Occupancy: HCI shall specify the hours and dates for installing, occupying, and dismantling exhibits. If Exhibitor fails to begin installing its display in its assigned space 30 minutes prior to event opening or leaves its space unattended at any time during the event, HCI shall have the right to take possession of the space, terminate this contract, and no refund will be due to Exhibitor even if HCI resells the space. All exhibits must be open for business at all times during the Event. If Exhibitor, through circumstances beyond control, is delayed in arrival or setup, it must notify the appropriate Event contact immediately. Exhibitors will have access to the Exhibit Hall two (2) hours prior to public opening to prepare exhibit space. Entrance will only be permitted with Exhibitor badge.
- Subletting of Space: Exhibitor will not assign or grant to any other party the right to use their booth space without prior written consent of HCI.
- Contractor Services: HCI has contracted, on an exclusive basis, JP Display to provide services for the Event. Service companies other than the official contractors will not be allowed to perform any of these exclusive services.
- Exhibitor Service Manual: Prior to the Event, JP Display will provide an Exhibitor Service Manual to the "Primary Contact" listed in this contract. The Exhibitor Service Manual will include information integral to participation at the Event, including but not limited to: additional exhibitor rules and regulations, official contractor order forms, registration, shipping and drayage, utilities and building services, exhibitor display rules, and move-in/move-out schedules.
- Exhibit Installation and Dismantling Hours: Exhibitor move in is Saturday, September 28 from 7 a.m. to 8:30 a.m. only. All exhibits must be in place by 10 a.m. Saturday, September 28, 2013. Exhibitor move-out is Saturday, September 28, 2013 from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. Dismantling: Exhibitor is prohibited from tearing down the booth until CLOSE of show Saturday, September 28, 2013, without permission from HCI. Violators may be excluded from exhibiting at future Cancer Awareness Expos.
- Cancellation/Refund Policy: No refunds will be given.
- Cancellation of the Event: If HCI cancels the Event due to circumstances beyond its reasonable control (such as acts of nature, acts of war, governmental emergency, labor strike, or unavailability of facility), HCI shall refund to Exhibitor its rental payment previously paid in full satisfaction of all liabilities of Organizer and Facility to Exhibitor.
- Fire, Safety, and Health: All decoration materials must be FIREPROOF and conform to City Fire Department requirements. No fireworks, open flames, liquefied petroleum gas, or flammable liquids are allowed. The use of crepe paper or similar materials is forbidden. Exhibitor assumes full responsibility for its compliance with local city, state, and federal ordinances, laws and regulations respecting fire, safety, health, and regulations of the Exhibit Hall and Organizer. The complete policy is available at www.southtowneexpo.com.
- Security: HCI will provide security service for the exhibition and will exercise reasonable precautions for the protection of the property of the Exhibitor. However, the supplying of such service will not be an assumption of any liability of any kind by HCI, and the Exhibitor hereby releases HCI for any such liability of any loss or damage to the property of Exhibitor.
- Property Damage: Neither Organizer nor Exhibitor shall be responsible for any loss of or damage to property of the other party, including but not limited to: loss or damage occasioned by theft, fire, smoke, acts of god, public enemy, riot, civil commotion, or other insurable casualty, and Organizer and Exhibitor expressly waive any claim for liability against the other party hereto with respect to any such loss or damage. Accordingly, it will be the responsibility of Organizer and Exhibitor, respectively, to secure its own insurance or otherwise protect itself and its property against such loss or damage.
- Limitation of Liability: Under no circumstances shall Organizer or Facility be liable for any lost profits or any damages, including incidental, special, indirect, punitive, or consequential damages whatsoever for any of their acts or omissions, whether or not advised of the possibility thereof. In no event shall Organizer's maximum liability under any circumstance exceed the amount actually paid to HCI and by Exhibitor for exhibit space at the Event. Organizer makes no representations or warranties express or implied, regarding the number of persons who will attend or the success of the Event or regarding any other matter. Neither Organizer nor Facility shall assume any responsibility for Exhibitor's, or anyone else's, personal or other property. As a condition of exhibiting at the Event, Exhibitor shall insure its property against damage, loss, and theft and shall not make any claims against Organizer or Facility.
- Additional Exhibitor Requirements: It is the intent of the Cancer Awareness Expo to provide a sales-free environment to all attendees to gain knowledge and awareness of cancer treatment, prevention, care, and support services. To that extent, we will not allow any multi-level marketing companies to exhibit at the Cancer Awareness Expo. Anyone representing a dietary supplement company must prove they operate without recruitment, have published evidence of the products efficacy in a peerreviewed professional publication, and do not require customers to sign a contract in order to enjoy a product. Vendors wishing to exhibit at the Cancer Awareness Expo must do so only to educate and provide information specific to cancer. Non-cancerrelated exhibitors will be refused participation. Failure to comply with the above rules will result in immediate suspension from the Cancer Awareness Expo and forfeiture of all fees.
Lori Maness, Outreach Coordinator
Linda Aagard, Public Relations Director